Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How to make a sweet home!

 
 
I made a chalk board for one of my clients; it's ok to try it out on my kitchen first, right?? Love playing around with different looks and could not resist! I needed a lil kitchen-y type accessory to go with a clock I had previously sourced and a lovely canvas that my client already owned. I am happy to report that all three look very fabulous together in her kitchen and make a lovely wall vignette. I will show you the reveal over on my new site, very soon ;-).


 
The same client also sent this very sweet snap of her children helping paint the kitchen furniture. I know, bless them!

Admittedly the perfectionist within me was a little worried about application... but seriously "phht", who needs perfection! This lovely family will remember this time for years to come and I do think memories are the things that really make a home a sweet place to be.
 
Visiting Ivy and Elephants linky party

xx

 



19 comments:

Unknown said...

If the bubbles are for that beautiful champagne bucket then I'm on my way over!

Hip Brown said...

Always bubbles for that champagne bucket Kylie ;-0. Hope you had a lovely trip away xx

Life Love and Hiccups said...

I'm with Kylie on the bubbles bit. Love the little chalkboard and although I too cringe at than many little hands on paint brushes, the thought makes me smile ) xx

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

How fun seeing the kids painting the furniture. Some people are so easy going and fun! Memories made for sure. Love your little chalkboard too!
Liz

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

We can all use some bubbles! Very cute!!
Have a great week...Tami xo

beachcomber said...

love your 1st photo with all the aqua greens..
the chalkboard looks great!
x

Unknown said...

the chalkboard looks cute!

Unknown said...

Gotta love those bubbles!! Your chalkboard looks lovely and I can't wait to see the vignette of your customers' items,

We'd like to invite you to Turn Old Into Awesome and win a fabulous prize package! The Whimsical Peacock and My Personal Accent are sponsoring the Dare to be Different, Up-cycling Challenge. Ends 8/12. See post for a complete list of challenge rules and prizes http://wp.me/p2Vf55-TQ

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your chalkboard is adorable,and makes a gorgeous vignette! What a happy family, making memories. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Patti

Stacey said...

I absolutely love chalkboard walls!

Hip Brown said...

The thought makes me smile too Sonia, my client has beautiful priorities xx

Hip Brown said...

Liz, I think your comment would really make my clients day. She is v easy going and fun! Xx

Hip Brown said...

Def, especially on a Friday :-)

Hip Brown said...

Love greens too x

Hip Brown said...

Love a boarded chalkboard too x

Hip Brown said...

Thanks so much Sande x

Hip Brown said...

Thanks so much Patti. Love a kitchen vignette or two. Yes, this family is so very sweet. x

Hip Brown said...

They can look so fab Stacey! Xx

Desire Empire said...

Love a chalkboard, but I am way too a anal to let my kids anywhere near a paintbrush in my kitchen. I think I'd die of a heart attack due to the stress.
Some mothers are complete saints, sadly I am not one of them......to hell with the memories.
Carolyn